Friday 11 May 2012

Ever notice that when we are anticipating something being terrible, fearful or very painful, when it actually happens, it is not nearly as bad as we had thought it would be in our mind? I remember when I was young, I thought if I ever broke a bone, I would probably die of the pain, or at the very least, go insane because it hurt so much. When I did finally break a bone, yes, it was not comfortable, but I never thought I was on the verge of dying. Anticipating the event was worse then the event itself. That must be why we are told not to worry about tomorrow. We waste so much time and energy worrying about what is to come that we miss the blessings in today. Let us strive to trust God in ALL things and not let worry rob us of the joy we could be having now.

God provides for our every need and then gives us a bonus sometimes too. Like this beautiful lake that I walk by every morning during my exercise time. He has made such beautiful nature for us to enjoy! Let's strive to remember Psalm 25:2 this week: "O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me." So that Satan can not rejoice in knowing he caused us to worry about something in the future, but that we put our total trust in God!

No comments:

Post a Comment