Sunday 8 April 2012

Perfecting our character

I was reading this this morning and thought I'd share it.

I'm so thankful for honest hearted friends who will see my defects and have the courage to approach me. They are truly a gift from God.


Christ has given us no assurance that to attain perfection of character is an easy matter. A noble all-round character is not inherited. It does not come to us by accident. A noble character is earned by individual effort through the merits and grace of Christ. God gives the talents, the powers of the mind; we form the character. It is formed by hard, stern battles with self. Conflict after conflict must be waged against hereditary tendencies. We shall have to criticize ourselves closely, and allow not one unfavorable trait to remain uncorrected. – {MYP 99.1}

May we each strive to perfect our character as we continue on our journey together.

No comments:

Post a Comment